Eligible ProfessionsYou can get an EU Blue Card for the following categories:
- Highly-qualified workers.
- Vocational Trainees.
- Seasonal Workers (complementary to the EU Blue Card).
- Intra-Corporate Transferees.
ConditionsYou must meet the following pre-conditions in order to obtain an EU Blue Card:
- You are a graduate: If you did not acquire your degree in Germany, it must either be recognised or comparable to a German degree. Information on the equivalence and recognition of foreign degrees is available at www.anerkennung-in-deutschland.de.
- You have an employment contract or a binding job offer.
- You have a minimum annual gross salary of 56,800 Euros. A reduced minimum annual gross salary of 44,304 Euros applies to employment in the occupational fields of mathematics, computer science, the natural sciences, engineering and human medicine (not including dentistry) (as of 2021 - the salary thresholds are readjusted for each calendar year).
- The employment must match the qualification.
The legal basis
- Section 19a of the Residence Act - EU Blue Card
- EU Directive 2009/50/EC
- Section 2 of the Employment Ordinance
Veröffentlichung: 12.08.2021 - C35086 -